We look to become active with companies ranging from early stage to middle market with up to $30 million of revenues poised for rapid growth. We seek to establish partnerships with entrepreneurs and are active both as board members and as strategic advisors throughout the life of the investments.
We currently have a portfolio of about a dozen companies. We invest in the same areas that we serve from an advisory standpoint. We have an interest in areas such as:
- specialty insurance underwriting through MGAs and MGUs that can bring added value to customers and to carriers
- innovative insurance distribution platforms that use technology tools and vertical market expertise or lines of business expertise to improve the customer experience
- risk management SaaS companies which can mitigate losses and reduce frequency and severity of claims
- emerging new classes and coverages for insurance products (e.g., cyber)
- service providers that can bring innovative technology (e.g., artificial intelligence or predictive analytics) to the insurance ecosystem
- service providers that utilize proprietary data to improve outcomes in underwriting, customer experience, claims or risk selection